We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport 4.0.1 slow on Linux

esinger

Hi,

I'm a UNIX systems adminstrator that's been working with our development team on installing iReport 4.0.1 on our development Linux server.   We have it installed, however the developer that's testing it has complained it's very slow.  So slow that it's pretty much useless.

The server it's running on is a Xen virtualization server with 32 GBs of RAM, two dual core 2.6 Ghz processors.   The virtual machine has 2 CPUs assigned to it and 4 GBs of RAM.   They are accessing the server through the Xmanager Xwindowing software on their PC.   The desktop is Gnome, the OS that the VM is running is Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.4 64 bit and the JDK version is 1.6.0._02.

I've tried increasing the amount of CPU that VM is getting as well as bumping up the -J-Xms###m and -J-Xmx###m parameters, but they make little to no difference.

Thank You,

Eric

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been suffering the slowness of iReport for several months working with a huge report.

I've tried everything, even using JasperSoft Studio (which went a bit faster), but could never use the designer with a speed as when you're using Word.

Today I've discovered JasperWave (www.jasperwave.com) which goes really fast! So I recommend you to try JasperWave.