Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper Server 4: ReportTopInputControls.jsp Not Found

tbr0

This error only occurs when using the Top Input Control.

The report itself is fine. I've tried this on several reports and whenever I distinguish the default input control to use the "In Page" option, this error will take place when I run the report on JasperServer 4.

javax.servlet.ServletException: File "/WEB-INF/jsp/ReportTopParametersForm.jsp" not found

I've attempted to simply FTP a copy of ReportTopInputControls.jsp from the 3.x.x build into <tomcat>/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/jsp/ and restarted tomcat but still receive the error. 

Any help is appreciated; I'll attach a full error report to this post along with the jrxml.

PS: First off, I don't have much xml or Java experience. I understand fundamental programming aspects but not practiced in the former or latters syntax or terminology. For a clue I unpacked the jasperserver.war (4.0) and searched for any mention of ReportTopParametersForm.jsp and the only file which contained the text was viewReportBeans.xml. The line looked like a basic definition call as follows: <property name="defaultTopControlsView" value="ReportTopInputControls.jsp"/> at line 52. I'm planning to follow this breadcrumb further but again any help or clues from more experienced scholars out there will be greatly appreciated.

Post Edited by tbr0 at 02/24/2011 15:26

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I moved both ReportTopInputControls.jsp and ReportTopParametersForm.jsp to the WEB-INF/jsp/ directory and I no longer receive the error.

The formatting is all jacked up though and doesn't look to good. I'm going to follow this further and try my hand at editing these two files to create a better layout.

If you have any information on this problem though please let me know, because I might not be handy enough in jsp to format it correctly or in a timely manner.

I would like to know if these .jsp files failed to make it to my installation war or if I forgot something during the buildomatic execution. Did other experience this issue with with the Top Input controls? Are their updated .jsp's I can use besides the ones from 3.x.x?

• 3 weeks later...

brooneyx1
Wrote:

See: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=84860#85372

I just posted a workaround to this. Remove the jsp files you copied and edit the report with a change to where controls show up.

The post above ultimately solved my issue. I'll try to clarify. My problem began with my Input Controls that were "in page" with the report on previous reports in JasperServer 3.x were causing error when ran on an updated JasperServer 4. I attempted to fix this problem by placing the Top Input Controls jsp files in the /jsp path. This did get rid of the error but the input controls did not look correct and were misplaced on the page. The above link suggests to just recommunicate with the report via the server or iReport (update: see note below) to issue where the input controls should go. This will rewrite the report to attach to the correct "in page" input control.

Update: Do not use iReports Repository Navigator to make the change as to where the input controls should be place. For example, for me, using the iReports repository window, right-clicking on my report, going to properties, going to "other" tab, and changing the control there to "In Page" will essentially break the report. You MUST change the input control position on JasperServer by right clicking the report and choosing "Edit".

Post Edited by tbr0 at 03/18/2011 15:01