Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Where do I put my log4j.properties file for the jrc task in Ant?

slsolomon

Hello,

I'd like to configure a log4j appender for the compilation of my .jrxml files, i.e. the jrc Ant task. I'm sure that I have to put the log4j.properties file on my classpath. I'm unsure how to specify that in my build.xml (sse code).

When I do include my log4j.properties file in my classpath for the jrc task, I get a ZipException because Ant is expecting the properties file to be a jar or zip:

[jrc] Compiling 2 report design files.
Unable to obtain resource from C:\Documents and Settings\SSolomon\my-report-mana
ger\resources\log4j.properties: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip
 file
      [jrc] Unable to obtain resource from C:\Documents and Settings\SSolomon\my
-report-manager\resources\log4j.properties:
      [jrc] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
      [jrc]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
      [jrc]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
      [jrc]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
      [jrc]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99)
      [jrc]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResourceURL(AntClassLo
ader.java:1002)
      [jrc]     at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResource(AntClassLoade
r.java:883)

What is the proper way to put the log4j.properties file on the classpath for the jrc task?

Thanks
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project name="ProjectManager" default="default" basedir=".">    <!-- Define the classpath used for report compilation -->    <path id="jrc.classpath">        <fileset dir="lib" includes="*.jar"/>    </path>    <path id="log4j.classpath">        <file file="resources/log4j.properties"/>    </path>    <target name="compile" description="Compile all Jasper Reports Definitions">	<mkdir dir="./build/reports"/>	<taskdef name="jrc" classname="net.sf.jasperreports.ant.JRAntCompileTask">               <classpath refid="jrc.classpath"/>               <classpath refid="log4j.classpath"/>	</taskdef>        <jrc destdir="./build/reports">            <src>                <fileset dir="src/main/jasperreports">                    <include name="*.jrxml"/>                </fileset>            </src>            <classpath refid="jrc.classpath"/>        </jrc>    </target>    <target name="clean">        <delete dir="./build" />    </target></project>

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic