Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Program cannot locate resource bundle (properties file)

sean_wdg

I'm trying to use JasperReports to create the reports I will use in a web application.  I'm developing in JSF 2.0 using NetBeans 6.9.1 and a Glassfish 3.1 server.  I created a very simple report with iReport 3.7.6 - one record!  I experimented with a simple resource bundle, making one label a text field which gets filled from the resource bundle properties file.  All works well when I run the report from iReport.  But when I try to run the report from my web application, I'm getting the error that the bundle cannot be found.  I named my resource bundle Bundle, and get his error message: 

SEVERE: javax.faces.FacesException: #{userReportBean.runReport}: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name Bundle, locale en_US

I put a copy of the properties file in a report within my project, and pointed a classpath to it in iReport.  I looked at the xml for the report.  It doesn't seem like my web application will know where to look for the properties file, because the classpath isn't included in the jrxml file.  How can I tell my program to find/use the resource bundle for this report?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic