Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

building via source fails due to maven issue.. maven tags?

jgh

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm sorry that the maven repo is not tagged in this way. There are revision numbers of course and they would correspond to the time the tag was created on the jasperserver source code.

For the actual jasperserver source build - the way that the online maven2 repo is accessed is as a standard maven2 remote repository (ie http).

The repository definition found in the <js-src>/buildomatic/conf_source/templates/maven_settings.xml is the following:

<repository>
  <id>JasperForge Maven Repository</id>
  <!-- note matching <server> def at bottom of file for anonymous access -->
  <url>http://jasperforge.org/svn/repos/maven2</url>
  <snapshots>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </snapshots>
  <releases>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </releases>
</repository>

And then there is a definition at the bottom of the file to auto-access via anonsvn.

<server>
   <id>JasperForge Maven Repository</id>
   <!-- note: matches <repository> def above -->
   <username>anonsvn</username>
   <password>anonsvn</password>
</server>

I think this is clunky. Our provider in the jasperforge.org side did not have the capability (at the time) of a real maven repository server (such as sonontype Nexus). But I would like to get this set up after the new year.

What would be most handy for you?

Thanks for the quick reply, and offering of viable solution from me :) . Having a snapshot of the maven code packaged via a tarball (.tgz), or zip (.zip), at the time of the release would be wonderful, and having that available via download. And then, of course, having the build scripts for the source code use that source by default, unless otherwise specified.

As it is now, when you download the source code (or when you could) it had several directories in the extraction of the code:

jasperserver-3.5.0-src/

apache-ant

jasperserver

jasperrepo

I would either image having the jaspermaven code as another sub-directory, that is part of the packaged source code when downloaded, or a separate download. I would think having it all as one piece is ideal from building from source. That way you are always guaranteed it will build. It appears that since the maintenance on the maven repository, I am unable to build 3.5.0.

FreeBSD has suspended the testing of this port for inclusion into the portstree because of this build issue, and with a couple of changes it could easily be included, from my working with FreeBSD on this port.

Although these changes seem minimal to me, they may not, but something similar I would believe is the best path for a clean build everytime. What would be ideal, is that when I am building the software via source, is that no additional files are needed to be downloaded, as everything that is needed is already included in the "jaspermaven" directory (for instance).

Thanks again, Tony!