Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Need help on JasperReports with Russian Text

gkenche

I need your help.

Currently we are generating Reports using Crystal Reports. Our Report contains Russian characters text. These reports are generating for Russian Country. Several years onwards we are using Crystal Reports for generating Reports and we have some issues (Performance and alignments) with this. Our management decided to go for Japer Repots for getting better features and performance issues and open source. Now this task is assigned to me to confirm whether Jasper Reports resolves our Crystal Report issues.

I am doing R&D on Jasper Reports using iReport Designer 3.7.6 and I am new to Jasper Reports and I am facing issues while generating Reports in Russian characters using iReport Designer. On designer, in preview the report is displaying properly but displaying junk characters in PDF file generated by Designer and also with Java code using Jasper Library. I may be setting up properties incorrectly. I googled and also searched in Jasper Report forum but did not get correct solutions. In Forum I got some info but not helping much. I setup PdfEncoding as CP1251 (Cyrillic) and also tried with all the PdfEncoding options but no luck. All the time PDF is generating with special characters instead of generating in Russian characters.

Based on your answer our management will decide to go for Jasper Reports or stay with Crystal Report.

Steps followed are

Set up the XML Data source and added static text with Russian characters on iReport Designer.

Set up the text PdfEncoding as CP1251 (Cyrillic).

In preview, it is generated xxx.jasper file and displayed the Russian characters properly but displayed junk characters on PDF file generated by iReport Designer.

Step 2 is repeated for all the PdfEncoding but all the times getting Junk characters.

Tried to generate PDF file using java code with Jasper Libraries and input as xxx.jasper file but it is also displaying as junk characters.

Please see attached Files and please help.

I appreciate your Help.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic