We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Time not calculating correctly

quantzie

Hi everyone! I am having some problems with some time output. I've created 2 parameters:

FROM_TIME

TO_TIME

and these are in java.sql.timestamp. These 2 are my time inputs. These 2 parameters are then transferred to another 2 parameters called

TIME1

TIME2 

where the expressions for them are new java.text.SimpleDateFormat(" kk:mm:ss").format($P{FROM_TIME}) and new java.text.SimpleDateFormat(" kk:mm:ss").format($P{TO_TIME}). This is to change them to a time format in hours, minutes and seconds. I need this step because it is passed back into my SQL query

and   r."rec-time" >= date_part('hour',(('2000-01-01' ||$P{TIME1})::timestamp)) * 3600 +

date_part('minute',(('2000-01-01' ||$P{TIME1})::timestamp)) * 60 +

date_part('second',(('2000-01-01' || $P{TIME1})::timestamp))

and   r."rec-time" <= date_part('hour',(('2000-01-01' ||$P{TIME2})::timestamp)) * 3600 +

date_part('minute',(('2000-01-01' || $P{TIME2})::timestamp)) * 60 +

date_part('second',(('2000-01-01' || $P{TIME2})::timestamp))

Since my data is calculated in seconds, this is the only method that I can think of. Whenever I use preview, everything works perfectly. But when I upload my report onto the Jasper repository and run the report, a Date/time input of FROM_TIME and TO_TIME using 9:00:00 and 17:00:00 becomes 9:09:09 and 17:17:17. Does anyone know why it is running fine in iReports but once it is being used in the repository, it bugs up the time input?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic