We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 3.7.1 CE Groovy Expressions Problem

glapira

Hello ,

I have two reports that used to run on JasperServer 3.7.0 CE . After the upgrade to 3.7.1, both reports are getting what appears to be a groovy.lang.MissingMethodException error.

I have the groovy-all-1.5.5.jar in the proper directory (C:\Program Files\jasperserver-ce-3.7.0\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver\WEB-INF\lib) but the server does not recognize any groovy expression. All of my reports run properly in Ireport 3.7.0 and 3.7.1. I even checked the compatibility of the reports and made sure they were set to 3.7.1(for the upgraded JasperServer CE).

I believe I did the update properly since I received the "Build successful" message after following the instructions in the release notes and running the js-ant deploy-webapp-ce command.

The errors are posted below in the code section.

Thanks for any information regarding this.

Code:
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression : 	Source text : $F{CORSTATE}.isEmpty() ? " " : $F{CORSTATE}groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.isEmpty() is applicable for argument types: () values: {}	net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression : 	Source text : $F{CORSTATE}.isEmpty() ? " " : $F{CORSTATE}

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I scrapped/uninstalled my entire JasperServer 3.7.0 Server and installed JasperServer 3.7.1 CE from the windows installer package.

I went through the entire reinstallation/configuration process just to check if I made any mistakes on the upgrade process to 3.7.1.

With this new installation, groovy expressions still return an error on any report.

Error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Error evaluating expression : Source text : $F{CORSTATE}.isEmpty() ? " " : $F{CORSTATE}

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression : 	Source text : $F{CORSTATE}.isEmpty() ? " " : $F{CORSTATE}

Has anyone else encountered this problem? This error is from a new install of JasperServer using jasperserver-ce-3.7.1-windows-installer.exe . By removing any groovy expression, all reports become functional again.

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar problem

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.Date.format() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: {"MM-dd-yyyy"}

It works fine from Ireport but when I run it in JasperServer I get this error.