We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer input dialog box strange behavior

lpeel

Hi,
My report works fine but there is something very strange going on with entry of multiple parameters into the default JasperServer report dialog box.  Some of them just disappear, then sometimes reappear if entered rapidly.    There is never a problem if I just enter 1 value, then wait a little bit, then enter another value.  The bug only happens if I enter several values in rapid succession.   In the example below, I entered 1,2,3,4,5 ...11 in order.  you can see the '6' disappeared.  For awhile, numbers 4 thru 8 also disappeared, but then returned within about 10 seconds or so.   It seems to be releated to the dialog box input control timing of the focus event for multiple controls.    

Update: This problem is definitely related to the number of drop down single value query boxes I have defined.    There are 7 of them (not shown).   I can add a few drop down queries (3 or 4) and the problem will not happen.  5 or more drop down single value queries cause the behavior I have documented.   These queries are small and extremely fast against small lookup tables when I run them in SQLYog.   Any ideas? 

Maybe related http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=77558

/uploads/projects/jasperserver/image/JasperServerRefreshBug1.bmp

On the next test I changed each value rapidly.  1 became '11', 2 became '22' and so on.   The values flashed around in each box, appearing, disappearing, reappearing until the final result was below.  I'm giving my users a demo this wednesday and this is sure to be a problem for them.  I greatly appreciate any insight you have as to what might be happening.  The problem happends in both IE and Firefox.  I'm using JasperServer CE 3.7.0.   There is no custom code at all, this is all right out of the box JasperServer.  Thanks!!

/uploads/projects/jasperserver/image/JasperServerRefreshBug2.bmp

Post Edited by lhp at 08/30/2010 18:23

Post Edited by lhp at 08/30/2010 18:39

Post Edited by lhp at 08/30/2010 21:33

Post Edited by lhp at 08/31/2010 00:10

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic