We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problems running iReports-3.7.4 after uninstalling

mcozart1

First I want to say how much I love iReports.  I've used several different versions and have been very happy with them.

However, I'm running into problems this time.  I uninstalled 3.7.1 and then installed 3.7.4 and when I tried to run 3.7.4, I clicked on the shortcut icon and the cursor changed for a short time but the application didn't start.  I uninstalled 3.7.4 and reinstalled 3.7.1 and now that one doesn't work.

I don't think it's an issue with iReports because I've had problems with this computer periodically.  I've run a couple of different registry, spam etc. cleaners on my system and lots of repairs were made but this hasn't helped.  I want to recompile six .jrxml files because I made a directory change.

Is there someway I can run iReports with some kind of logging so I can see what the problem might be?  I've tried to run it from the shortcut, from a dos-box and directly from the installation directory.  I've updated the reports.conf file hardcoding the paths to the correct directories.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm been trying to get this to work all day today and I really need to be working on my application code and not on trying to get iReports to run so I can use it for a few minutes to recompile some files.

Are there any files I need to have on my computer that may have be been removed?

I'm running on Windows xP Pro SP 3. 

Thanks,

Michele Cozart

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I tried installing 3.7.0 and the installer told me that I was missing sdk 1.6 (I'd removed this from my computer when I was having other issues).  I installed it and then 3.7.0 and it works!  I can run the iReports application again!  I'm going to have to back compile the jrxml files but at least I'll have compiled .jasper files to work with.

1)  There was no message in the installer of 3.7.4 informing me (or forcing me) to install sdk1.6.  I assume 1.6 is still needed.  An installer message would really help!

Michele