Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Links from Scheduled Reports Don't Open in IE??

jholden699

Hi all -

This seems to be a fairly new problem and I can't figure out the cause.  This may be because we just migrated from CE 3.5 to PE 3.7.

We have a bunch of scheduled reports that run and send emails with the links to the file that got generated.  Those of us with Firefox as a default browser have no issue.  Those with IE (most users in our company) cannot open the links - even if the link is copy-and-pasted into the IE address bar!  Even weirder...if, for instance, you copy and paste the URL to a PDF document in IE, it hangs and does nothing...if you click into the address and hit enter a second time, it works fine!  This ONLY happens to documents being served from Jasper Server...this is the bundled installation (though we have set up MySQL and Jasper to run as Windows services).

Any ideas?  Seems like a trivial thing to have to waste one of our support calls on...

Thank you.

- Jack

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, never mind my questions about HTTPS.

The problem occurs because JasperServer sets Cache-Control=no-store when serving the PDF.  IE interprets this as a restriction of saving the response as a temporary file.  However, IE still saves the response as a temp file when the response having this header is the result that has a Referer header, that's why it works the second time.

What I can't explain is why it worked in 3.5.  I might be missing something here.

We fixed a similar problem with report execution URLs that resulted in PDF by using Cache-Control=private.  The same fix should be applied to the URLs that server PDF files from the repository.  Log a bug for that.

Regards,

Lucian