We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Urgent help required on Jasper/iReport issues.

rajeshwariv

Hello,

I am stuck with couple of Jasper/iReport issues(Please refer attachment). We have UAT release in just 2 days and these issues should be fixed by then.

Would request you guys to please have look at these issues and suggest me the fixes/share your thoughts ASAP.

Please get back if you need any information on this which you think will help you to fix the issues.

Thanks in advance!!

Regd,

Rajeshwari

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some hints on the issues:

1. Might be a font problem.  Read http://jasperforge.org/uploads/publish/jasperreportswebsite/trunk/faq.html#FAQ25
    If that doesn't help, upload a sample report that illustrates the problem.
  2. What kind of formatting is that?  Do you have a sample report?
  3. That has been fixed in JR 3.7.2.

Regards,

Lucian

PS:  The support offered via this forum is voluntary and not guaranteed in any way.  Contact Jaspersoft's support team if you're interested in commercial support.

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for your quick response.

I went through the hints you have mentioned and below are my observation. I attaching some files which will help you to understand the issue thoroughly.

Issue 1 : Might be a font problem.  Read
If that doesn't help, upload a sample report that illustrates the problem.

Please refer to SampleReport.pdf and SampleReport.pdf.jrxml in attachment for this issue. SampleReport.pdf has lots of unwanted space at end of page even though its long running paragraph.

-- Tried to display the report in JasperViewer. I see the same exact issue even in JasperViewer. Then , I believe both fontName and pdfFontName are same and available in JVM, so default font is not being used when exported to PDF.

-- Have also tried with JRPdfExporterParameter.FORCE_LINEBREAK_POLICY set to true as below ,still the issue exists. Is this code proper ? 

//Start: Trying with JRPdfExporter

JRPdfExporter exporter = new JRPdfExporter();

exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jasperPrint);

exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_STREAM, response.getOutputStream());

exporter.setParameter(JRPdfExporterParameter.FORCE_LINEBREAK_POLICY,true);

exporter.exportReport()

//End: Trying with JRPdfExporter

Issue 2: What kind of formatting is that?  Do you have a sample report?

Please refer at "Red Marked formatting not reflecting in PDF.JPG" in attachment.

Fomatting marked in RED color are reflecting in RichText editor but the same is not reflecting when PDF report is generated , means PDF reports have content without those formattings.

Issue 3:  That has been fixed in JR 3.7.2.

By JR 3.7.2 , do you mean JasperReport jar should be 3.7.2 OR the ireport tool should be 3.7.2? Please clarify.

JR 3.7.2 open source OR it needs to be purchased?

Please check this and let me know how to proceed further in order to fix these issues.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Rajeshwari

Issue 1:  As far as I can tell from the PDF, you're using the JRXML for a subreport.  I don't see anything in the JRXML that would reserve the blank space, the problem is likely in the master report.

Issue 2:  JasperReports only supports text styling, text alignment and hyperlinks will not work.  In order for the bold and italic text styles to work in PDF, you should a font extension that defines bold and italic varieties for the font.  Otherwise the PDF exporter would not know what fonts to use for bold and italic effects.

Issue 3:  iR 3.7.2 uses JR 3.7.2.  JasperReports is open source and (currently) available under LGPL version 3.

Regards,

Lucian