Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

issues stretching JRDesignTextField

black_lotus

I have a few JRDesignTextField's that are added to my report programmatically. Some of the text in the fields is too long and requires stretching vertically over multiple lines. The fields stretch, however some don't seem to stretch enough and some of the words gets cut off. The fields are wide enough to hold at least one word per line. Below is the code I use for the field. Is there something I need to add/change in order for the stretch to work properly? Thanks.

Code:
JRDesignBand columnHeaderBand = new JRDesignBand();columnHeaderBand.setHeight(22);columnHeaderBand.setSplitAllowed(false);        textField = new JRDesignTextField();textField.setWidth(75);textField.setX(((colWidth - textField.getWidth()) / 2) + colWidth * (i + 3) - 30);textField.setY(6);textField.setPositionType(JRElement.POSITION_TYPE_FLOAT);textField.setStyle(headerStyle);textField.setHorizontalAlignment(JRAlignment.HORIZONTAL_ALIGN_RIGHT);textField.setVerticalAlignment(JRAlignment.VERTICAL_ALIGN_MIDDLE);            textField.setEvaluationTime(JRDesignExpression.EVALUATION_TIME_NOW);textField.setStretchWithOverflow(true);expression = new JRDesignExpression();expression.setValueClass(java.lang.String.class);expression.setText(""" + myObject.get(i).getName() + """);textField.setExpression(expression);columnHeaderBand.addElement(textField);

Post Edited by some_one at 06/28/2010 16:16

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...