We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Troubleshooting help

bmajor

I'm currently working with iReport 3.7.0 and I need some help troubleshooting a report.  I've created a report and when I click "Preview" it prompts me for the parameter and then it looks like it's running and then it just returns to the Designer view.  It never displays the Preview of the report.  I've got the "Report Problems Window" open but it doesn't display anything.  I do have the correct datasource selected.  The report runs fine without the parameter too.

Where do I look for the error?  Is there a log file somewhere?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bmajor:

Try setting the "When no Data" property.

Under the report inspector click the top node(the actual report) then in the properties window under "More..." is the property "When No Data".  There are a few options there you can select blank page if that's what you want to happend when the report doens't contain any data.

If I help please consider giving Karma points.

Regards

I tried setting that property to all the options but nothing changes.  The report runs, prompts me for the parameter, accepts it and then goes back to the Designer view.  Is there a log somewhere that I can review to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks

My query works fine but when I try to add the parameter to it then the report won't display.  I have discovered that it is CASE sensitive. P${parm} is not the same as p${parm}.  That appears to have fixed my issue.

Thanks for trying to help.