Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Subreport in Subreport help

thobbit

Hey all,

I have a question about uploading a jrxml file into jasperserver from iReports. I have a master report that contains subreports. Those subreports also contain subreports. From iReports I am able to run the report just fine for testing purposes. In the past Ive uploaded files into JasperServer just fine that contain subreports using the "repo:FileName" and then uploading the subreports .jrxml file into the repository. The problem Im coming across now is that I dont know how to handle the multi tiered example. Ive tried just uploading all the subreports into the Repository and just hoped that the middle report would pick up its associated "
repo:..". The error I was getting with this was that it was telling me it had a problem obtaining an element of the middle report. A thought that Im having is to just upload the middle and bottom tier as its own set and then uploading the master report to point to the previously uploaded report, Im just sure if this is the bast way to do this or if its even possible. Any ideas out there?

Im currently running iReports 3.5.3 and JasperServer 3.5.0

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuck on one Sub report issue.

Issue details are as  follows.

If I give Sub Report path in  iReport as  $P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + "AERSINJASPER_SITES.jasper"   then in Jasper server  gives

this exception:-

Error Trace:  

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Parameter "DATABASE_TIMEZONE" does not exist.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Parameter "DATABASE_TIMEZONE" does not exist.

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRAbstractQueryExecuter.getValueParameter(JRAbstractQueryExecuter.java:491)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRAbstractQueryExecuter.getValueParameter(JRAbstractQueryExecuter.java:506)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.util.JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.getValueParameter(JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.java:146)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.util.JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.<init>(JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.java:130)

at com.jaspersoft.commons.util.JSControlledJdbcQueryExecuter.<init>(JSControlledJdbcQueryExecuter.java:64)

at com.jaspersoft.commons.util.JSControlledJdbcQueryExecuterFactory.createQueryExecuter(JSControlledJdbcQueryExecuterFactory.java:25)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:678)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:601)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1247)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:877)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:826)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:557)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

For this exception I searched on Internet and found that  path should be  “repo: AERSINJASPER_SITES” but with this path it is not compiling in iReport.

So I am stuck on exactly what Sub Report path need to give in Sub Report expression.

Please Help me.

Thanks in Advance  :)

Thanks a lot for urgent Reply.

I tried with repor:SubReport name but it's not working.Can you please suggest hwat should be exact <SubReport Expression> so that it will compile properly. Actually I am creating new JRXMLs in iReport and Deployed(Running) on JasperServer.When I tring to run on jasperserver then it's giving Exception as net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Parameter "DATABASE_TIMEZONE" does not exist.

Please help me.

Thanks.