We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Why JasperReports doesn't calculate correct total?

partizan1

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered the problem of not being able to use the Sum function on a Variable? I need to calculate the total number of a column value (i.e. AFFECTED_ROWS column in my table). I have the variable 'totalNumbAffected' which has the Properties set to:

Variable Class: Double

Calculation: Sum

Reset type: Report

Increment type: None

Variable Expression: $F{AFFECTED_ROWS}

If I print the variable on my report, it does display the correct sum. However, if I try using it in my Pie Chart, for each pie slice the value is different and therefore it's incorrect (except for the last pie slice). My question is - How can I calculate the Sum of my column before it's used in my pie chart so that the value is the same for all pie slices?

Can someone help please?

Thanks,

partizan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out how to get the percentage. This forum helped me: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=83&forumid=101&topicid=49687

Please refer to this quote by Teodor:

"In JasperReports version 3.1.0, we have introduced two new properties to control the appearenace of section labels and legend labels. These two are called labelFormat and legendLabelFormat.

You can use {0}, {1} and {2} for displaying the key, the value and the percentage in pie charts.

For these formats to be used, you have to leave the labelExpression empty.

I hope this helps." by Teodor

I hope that helps to the rest of you having this problem.

Cheers,

partizan