We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problem executing report in JasperServer 3.7.0

martinst

I installed JasperServer 3.7.0 with bundled Tomcat and MySQL. I then logged in the server, right-clicked the Accounts Report and selected "Run in background" to be saved in the "ContentFiles" folder.

This resulted in the following error:

2010-06-10 09:28:36,858 ERROR ReportExecutionJob,quartzScheduler_Worker-1:308 - An error occurred while saving AllAccounts.pdf into the repository.
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper:
org.springframework.dao.TransientDataAccessResourceException: Hibernate operation: could not insert: [com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.ContentRepoFileResource]; SQL [insert into JIContentResource (data, file_type, id) values (?, ?, ?)]; Packet for query is too large (1267304 > 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large (1267304 > 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.
        at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:106)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)

The parameter in jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/mysql/my.ini is set to max_allowed_packet = 32M

I changed it to max_allowed_packet = 1G but the problem remains.

Perhaps MySQL is using some other configuration file, but this shoulnd't be the case since I use the bundled MySQL, should it?

Post Edited by martinst at 06/10/2010 08:19

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoy tuve un problema similar con la versión 3.7.1. Lo solucioné editando el archivo jasperctl.sh reemplazando lo siguiente:

MYSQL_START="/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --port=3306 --socket=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock --old-passwords --datadir=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data --log-error=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data/mysqld.log  --pid-file=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data/mysqld.pid --default-table-type=InnoDB"

por:

MYSQL_START="/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --port=3306 --socket=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock --old-passwords --datadir=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data --log-error=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data/mysqld.log  --pid-file=/opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.1/mysql/data/mysqld.pid --default-table-type=InnoDB --max_allowed_packet=256M"

Espero ayude.

Saludos.