We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

2 Instances of Jasperserver

rbaudchon

Hi,

I have a question, I have got actually jasperserver-pro 3.0.1 running on linux server (red-hat enterprise) with it's own mysql bundled and tomcat bundled.

I would like to install a second instance of jasperserver-pro 3.7.1 on the same server. I'm wondering if I need to use the Tomcat installed with the version 3 or use the tomcat bundled include with 3.7 maybe using another port. And the same for mysql .

Is it possible ?

Thanks for your support

Remi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently installed a jasper-pro release on the same server than my jasperserver ce release. This is the same principle to have to releases of jasperserver pro co existing

Two things are needed : have a different name for the directory under webapps in tomcat and have separate metadatabase.

What I should do id I were you is:

- first to rename your existing jasperserver directory under tomcat/webapps (jasperserver_3.0 for instance), rename the metadatabase jasperserver as "jasperserver30" for instance (this needs to create new database with this name, export the existing and import in the new : see in mysql "rename database"). Have this new context running as before.

- And after install the new release in a standard way by reusing existing tomcat and mysql.

Of course there are some modifications to be done in META_INF/context.xml to take into account the new names.

Post Edited by Gaby38 at 06/09/2010 21:52

I have tried, and I have trouble between mysql and tomcat.

I have change the name of my jasperserver to jasperserver30 in webapps.

I have changed the context.xml file in META-INF folder.

And when I tried to start, I have got error message in tomcat window.

This is what i have changed in context.xml

<Context path="/jasperserver-pro30"
            debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">  

<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver30" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
            username="jasperdb" password="password" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/jasperserver30?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8"/>

I'm trying this on computer before make any change on the server.

Are you sure that there is only 1 file to update ?

Have a look at $tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost : if there is a jasperserver.xml file you have to edit this file and do the same modifications as in context.xml on jdbc/jasperserver database parameters. Before editing don't forget to stop tomcat.

Have you "renamed" your mysql database? Did you copy the content of the previous mysql database using js-export.sh and js-import.sh scripts? 

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same thing, without success :(

I have modified both $tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost and context.xml files, first, only changing the context path and database names, but the second instance of JS doesn't start. I also tried changing the resource name (jdbc/jasperserver) to a different one (and modified all the files that has a reference to it) but doesnt work.

Any suggestion????

Log file when the resource names and databases are different:

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

GRAVE: Error listenerStart

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

GRAVE: Falló en arranque del Contexto [/jaspergenerico] debido a errores previos

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

GRAVE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

GRAVE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [CascadeCacheCleaner] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Current transaction name]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

11/06/2010 12:38:17 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Prototype beans currently in creation]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Current transaction isolation level]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Current aspect-driven transaction]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Transaction synchronizations]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Current transaction read-only status]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value

) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.            

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Actual transaction active]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Transactional resources]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
GRAVE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Hibernate Sessions registered for deferred close]) and a value of type [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

I verfied on one of my servers. I still have 2 running jasperservers : one communitiy edition named jasperserverce and a pro release (evaluation) with standard names.

The first step to go through is having the existing release running after change of name and all stuff linked to that.