We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cell Formatting is different between Xlsx and Xls

hussainkali

Hi Folks,

I've been using JasperReports for a little while now and everything seems to work great, however, today I tried to export my report in the XLSX format and noticed that the formatting of my number cells was not quite right.

I have a few cells that all contain doubles, I have tried using the following to get the cells to format correctly:

-  reportExporter.setParameter(JExcelApiExporterParameter.IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE, Boolean.TRUE);

-  set the property (net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.detect.cell.type) to TRUE in the report template;

-  set the cell pattern to #####0.00.

I have tried each of these things individually and all combinations, but no matter what my numeric values (Doubles) are formatted as currency in my XLSX report.  Quite strangely I might add, although formatted as currency, the currency 'unit' is not displayed in the cell, and I get Excel warnings that I have numbers stored as text.  I don't have any of these problems when I change the JRExporter from an XLSX exporter to an XLS exporter.

I have attached a copy of both files to show you what I mean exactly.  They are both attached in XLS format, but I have checked using a copy of Excel 2007 and the cells are definately formatted as currency before conversion.

Can anyone help or advise me on what else I could try?

Thank you,

H Ali

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The XLSX exporter doesn't currently support net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.detect.cell.type.

There's no way to workaround the limitation. Log it as a bug/feature request if you want it addressed.

Regards,

Lucian

Post Edited by lucianc at 06/15/2010 11:47

• 4 years later...