Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Web services php sample not working

ronedog

I would like to look at using some Web Services and want to test the PHP samples to get familiar with it, but I'm having problems getting it to run right.

I'm running PHP 5.3.1, SOAP Client and SOAP Server are both enabled in the PHP.INI.  and using PEAR 1.9.0, on a Windows vista with JasperServer 3.7

I placed the "Samples" folder under <tomcat installation>/webapps/ directory, then went to http://localhost:8080/samples/php-sample/index.php to run the script and I get the following:

--------

getFault()->faultstring; } else { session_start(); session_unset(); session_register("username"); session_register("password"); $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["username"]=$username; $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["password"]=$password; header("location: listReports.php"); exit(); } } ?>

Welcome to the JasperServer sample (PHP version)

Type in a JasperServer username and password (i.e. jasperadmin/jasperadmin)

------

when I type in the username/pwd credentials index.php just posts to itself and does nothing?  What is wrong with my enviroment?  I'm pretty sure the "getFault()....bla, bla" section shouldn't be there...looks like the starting "<?php"  tag was missing, but when looking at the code, it is not.

I also tried putting this into my webserver's root running on Apache 2.0, but I get a bunch of "include" errors from the client.php page.

Am I placing the Sample folders in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.k, I found that running it in the Apache webroot works, however, the index.php requires "SOAP/Client.php" but this folder and file are not in the directory. So, I tried to look for it in my php installation, but the only folder is for the Zend Framework and I tried copying the soap folder from there, but then it is trying to redeclare some zend classes....is there a different SOAP folder that was supposed to be included with the JasperServer install?