We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

dffernce btwn internal preview n pdf n changes req

rajuchacha007

Hi all,

I have been working on ireport 3.7.1. While using it, I found that when we o/p of the report on internal preview, it shows the result without compromising static text values while viewing it with pdf viewer some text is missing. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue if I want to see same output on pdf preview without any missing text? Do I need to amend jrxml file? please advise. suggestions,idea are welcome.

e.g I have a combination of static text and dynamic text on the report like.

Report generated by XYZ using process 123, total attempts were 10000 and processed in PQR table.

Here, XYZ,123,10000 and PQR are dynamic parameters which I am entering at the run time. I am getting this clearly on internal preview. When I try to view in pdf viewer,  I see,

Report generated XYZ using proces123, total attempts we 10000 and processed in PQ table.

I am missing some text only in pdf viewer.

Thanks in advance,

regards.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed the same behavior when I use the iReport internal viewer and then go to pdf. You can usually correct the missing text by expanding the containing text fields or static text areas. I have also noticed this when the reports are built on a Windows machine and then used on a UNIX server.

As long as you do not go outside the area of the band that the text fields are in you should not have any problems, unless you are using colored backgrounds or borders on the text fields.

Post Edited by hangman01 at 04/26/2010 20:40

Thank you hangman01 for your reply. I am not the only one to see this behaviour then. I have changed the size of the labels and texts by some fraction for the time being. Have you got any ireport sample? I mean a professional ireport sample which is available to see? I am newbie to ireport and I have operated any report tool like crysatl report etc. I would appreciate your guidance or suggestions.

Best regards.

@just4look

Hello there, in your bands, for each text fields or static labels, please make sure that pdf embedded is checked and also make sure that pdf encoding is set to CP1252 (Western European ANSI aka WinAnsi) via its properties. I hope it works. Else go to tools, click on option and click on ireport tab and then click on viewers tab. In report viewers, set the adobe reader's path(.exe file of adobe reader where it is installed). It should have taken automatically though. If it works then you would be able to see pdf view else change back the setting.