Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Newbie guidance...compilation error

ronedog

Hi, just downloaded iReport to try it out.  Created a basic table report with a MySql database.  It returned the fields and everything just fine, in the design view, but when I tried to run the "Preview" I get the following error:

Compiling to file... C:\Users\ronedog\All Accounts.jasper

Errors compiling C:\Users\ronedog\All Accounts.jasper!

Compilation exceptions: com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.ErrorsCollector@b99c20  net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed, calculator_All32Accounts_1271737042807_465530: 195: unexpected token: All @ line 195, column 40. 1 error      at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:88)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:188)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:215)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:131)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:510)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997) Caused by: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed, calculator_All32Accounts_1271737042807_465530: 195: unexpected token: All @ line 195, column 40. 1 error      at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:296)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.addFatalError(ErrorCollector.java:143)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.addError(ErrorCollector.java:113)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.addError(ErrorCollector.java:125)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.SourceUnit.addError(SourceUnit.java:348)     at org.codehaus.groovy.antlr.AntlrParserPlugin.parseCST(AntlrParserPlugin.java:85)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.SourceUnit.parse(SourceUnit.java:244)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$1.call(CompilationUnit.java:143)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:772)     at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:438)     at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:84)     ... 6 more

Compilation running time: 694!

Did I miss something in the installation?  I just ran the .exe file.  This is running on localhost, windows vista, apache, mysql.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

this sounds like an error caused by calculating something "unexpected token: All @ line 195, column 40. 1 error ". Do you use Groovy or Java for the expressions? You can choose Java, Groovy or JavaScript for  "Report Language" . You find this property in the Property window of the report.

HTH

Christina.

Here's what I did. I downloaded the latest iReport .exe, followed the online tutorial for a basic report, connected to mySql with JDBC, used the "Blank A4" template, added 3 columns (name, date, account#), I took your suggestion and changed the language settings in (Tools->Options->Language Default) and tried Java, Javascript, and Groovy. All of this still gave me the same error.