We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Single select Query

pragtech

Hello Friends,

I am working with jasperserver from last one month and trying to learn it to the best level

I am stuck with a problem from last 4 days.

Problem: I have uploaded one report having three subtreports from i-report to jasper repository. so one main report and other three subreports got uploaded. one main jrxml file and other are the resources. Now as there are three parameters in i-report I have to create three input control in repository.

Now  Parameters

1>dname(string)--->single select query->select name from department

2>pid(integer)--> single select query--->select project_id,name from project p,department d where p.department_id=d.id and d.name=$P{dname}--> colunm value=id and visible query column=name

3>bid-->single select query-->select * from budget where project_id=$P{pid} -->colunm value=budget_id and visible query column=budget_name

I am using postgres as databse. all parameter are using locally defined data source. it is JDBC connection and extracted from ireport.

Now this report runs successfully on ireport but when i run it on jasperserver error occurs

pop-up asking parameters appears from which the first one (dname) is filled with all department names and then a dialouge box appears which has title "http://localhost:9090 says" and as dialouge it just says "error!" . NO error number or error name .

In short It shows nothing what exactly error is about. and when i click ok and chage  department from the first drop down box,it once again show same error, so one thing is that it throws error while executing query of "pid",

when i replace $P{dname} with any static value in query, it does not show any error..

Waiting for Reply,,,

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic