Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Markup doesn\'t work exporting to PDF in Linux

reggie

First of all, I should say that I am using JasperReports 3.6.1.

The situation is the following: I create a JasperReport using IReport in Windows. This report uses a TextField with markup = html. I made a fonts extension jar as I saw in the sample of the JasperReport project, and it works perfectly if I deploy the application in a Windows Server. When I deploy the application in a Linux server and I generate the report, it doesn't take the font that I have specified in the textfield.

First of all I checked in the log server if fonts are loading or not. Application loads the fonts:

[2/26/10 13:09:43:791 CET] 0000001d XmlBeanDefini I org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions Loading XML bean definitions from URL [wsjar:file:/PATH/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-fonts-3.6.1.jar!/net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/fonts.xml]

This is the text that I set in the TextField:

<p style="text-align:left"><span style="font-family:Georgia; font-size:14px; color:#000000;  "><B>TEXT</B> </span></p>

but the text is not displayed in Georgia bold font. (If the application is in a Windows Server, it is displayed correctly)

If I set directly the fontName in IReport, it exports correctly the PDF in Linux:

<staticText>
                <reportElement key="staticText-77" x="80" y="24" width="122" height="17"/>
                <textElement>
                    <font fontName="Georgia" size="14" isBold="true" isStrikeThrough="false"/>
                </textElement>
                <text><![CDATA[Oferta nº:]]></text>
            </staticText>

There is something wrong with markup and Linux? Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciate :)

I attach my fonts.xml, maybe the problem is there....

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd">- <bean id="arialFamily" class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fonts.SimpleFontFamily">  <property name="name" value="Arial" />   <property name="normal" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/arial/arial.ttf" />   <property name="bold" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/arial/arialbd.ttf" />   <property name="italic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/arial/ariali.ttf" />   <property name="boldItalic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/arial/arialbi.ttf" />   <property name="pdfEncoding" value="Identity-H" />   <property name="pdfEmbedded" value="true" />   </bean>- <bean id="courierFamily" class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fonts.SimpleFontFamily">  <property name="name" value="Courier New" />   <property name="normal" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/courier/cour.ttf" />   <property name="bold" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/courier/courbd.ttf" />   <property name="italic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/courier/couri.ttf" />   <property name="boldItalic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/courier/courbi.ttf" />   <property name="pdfEncoding" value="Identity-H" />   <property name="pdfEmbedded" value="true" />   </bean>- <bean id="georgiaFamily" class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fonts.SimpleFontFamily">  <property name="name" value="Georgia" />   <property name="normal" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/georgia/georgia.ttf" />   <property name="bold" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/georgia/georgiab.ttf" />   <property name="italic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/georgia/georgiai.ttf" />   <property name="boldItalic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/georgia/georgiaz.ttf" />   <property name="pdfEncoding" value="Identity-H" />   <property name="pdfEmbedded" value="true" />   </bean>- <bean id="timesFamily" class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fonts.SimpleFontFamily">  <property name="name" value="Times New Roman" />   <property name="normal" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/times/times.ttf" />   <property name="bold" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/times/timesbd.ttf" />   <property name="italic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/times/timesi.ttf" />   <property name="boldItalic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/times/timesbi.ttf" />   <property name="pdfEncoding" value="Identity-H" />   <property name="pdfEmbedded" value="true" />   </bean>- <bean id="verdanaFamily" class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fonts.SimpleFontFamily">  <property name="name" value="Verdana" />   <property name="normal" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/verdana/verdana.ttf" />   <property name="bold" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/verdana/verdanab.ttf" />   <property name="italic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/verdana/verdanai.ttf" />   <property name="boldItalic" value="net/sf/jasperreports/fonts/verdana/verdanaz.ttf" />   <property name="pdfEncoding" value="Identity-H" />   <property name="pdfEmbedded" value="true" />   </bean>  </beans>

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi reggie,

I have defined markup text in this way and works on Windows and Linux, perhaps you are missing the pdfFontName attribute:

<text><![CDATA[bold, italic and underlined text: <style isBold="true" isItalic="true" isUnderline="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-BoldOblique">www.ssn.gov.ar</style>]]></text>

Is true that I' using regular fonts, but with embebed fonts must works fine too.

grettings.