We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can we best use the Resource Bundle parameter

fenix4life

Hello All,

We're having some isssues with the localization of the Resource Bundle when generating the report. Initially we thought that filing the REPORT_FILE_RESOLVER would be enough for Jasper to know where to find the Resource Bundle. As this was not the case we found the REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE property which could do the trick.

Now my question is how should this best be used.

-> Should we give the path towards the Main multiulanguage file or already to the more specified.

Path() + JasperReport.GetResourceBundle() + ".properties"   of  Path() + JasperReport.GetResourceBundle() +"_" + Locale + ".properties" 

-> If we need to set the Locale when passing the Resource Bundle should we then also use the Report_locale property ?

-> Will The application automaticly select the default Resource Bundle if not avialble when passing the resource Bundle. I presume we will have to check if the file is present and automaticly switch towards the default one.

What we would like to achieve is that the Resource Bundle from the same directory as the Report is being pickup up. As this location differens from environment hard coding it in the report is not really an option.

I thought maybe to use the REPORT_FILE_RESOLVER path to define the this does not seem to be working.

Kind Regards,

Post Edited by fenix4life at 02/24/2010 15:33

Code:
Error filling print... Can't find bundle for base name $P{REPORT_FILE_RESOLVER}/Quote, locale en_GB java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name $P{REPORT_FILE_RESOLVER}/Quote, locale en_GB 

Post Edited by fenix4life at 02/24/2010 15:41

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic