We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Importing/Exporting reports to/from repository

rjback

Hi,

I need to deploy some iReport and ad-hoc reports from our development installation of JasperServer to a test and live server. How can I copy the reports to a new server? In particular, I'm wondering about ad-hoc reports.

The 'create report' wizard in JasperServer always asks about specifying a query, which seems odd for JRXML reports which have the query built in. So I have used he iReports plugin to import my JRXML iReports, which doesn't ask about query and assumes the query is in the JRXML file.

How about Ad-hoc reports though? These can be edited in iReports but lose their sorting and grouping, and when saved and reimported into a repository become standard reports. I would like the ad-hoc reports in one repository to be imported the same in the destination repository.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rich.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperServer comes with an import/export tool.  See the docs for information on how to use it.

Regarding the report unit query: the report wizard allows you to specify an external query for the report unit, but doesn't force you to do so.  If you have a query in the JRXML and want to use, you should simply not set any external query in the wizard.

Regards,

Lucian