We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer - Scheduled reported not running

doubledutch

Hi,

We run JasperServer and as part of that have scheduled a bunch of reports through the JasperServer portal to run daily. Since a few weeks ago, instead of running daily they run every few days whilst we believe the configuration in JS is still suggesting that that's wrong.

We made some server changes recently which I guess are the cause of the problem and I guess that somewhere we have not set something up correctly (e.g. a cron job is missing). Problem is: I have no idea where to start looking!

I have 2 questions:

1) What schedules JS scheduled reports? Is it a cron or something else (so I can check that's still OK?)

2) Is there a log file somewhere which may suggest what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperServer uses Quartz (see http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/) for scheduling.  The scheduler runs in the same process/JVM as JS.

If your jobs do not run, there are several things that you should do:

• In JS, check View/Messages for job errors.
  • Enable debug logging for Quartz (org.quartz in log4j.properties) and watch WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log for anything suspicious.

A common problem is that too many jobs are scheduled at the same moment.  Increase org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount in js.quartz.base.properties if that's your case.

Regards,

Lucian