We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error filling print... Font \'Times New Roman\' 

salim

hii,

when i preview(compilation) my report it indicats:

[Error filling print... Font 'Times New Roman'   is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more...........]

my jvm version: "java version 1.6.0_13", installed in /opt

ireport on my desktop

help!!

Code:
Error filling print... Font 'Times New Roman' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details. net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException: Font 'Times New Roman' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details.     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledText.getAwtAttributedString(JRStyledText.java:228)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.TextMeasurer.measure(TextMeasurer.java:353)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextElement.chopTextElement(JRFillTextElement.java:1003)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillStaticText.prepare(JRFillStaticText.java:185)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.prepareElements(JRFillElementContainer.java:327)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:402)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:361)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillTitle(JRVerticalFiller.java:310)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:244)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:110)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:921)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:824)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:59)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:417)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:247)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:856)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I got the same error message when trying to upgrade to 3.6.1 the jasperreport jar in jasperserver.

The whole story is the following one : I was using iReport 3.6.0 and was told that the new 3.6.1 release is available. So I downloaded the new release, but after installation, the reports containing a "List" object generated an error saying that  "Print Order" property was not supported. I supposed that this was due to an uncompatibility between the jasperreport ".jar" of jasperserver and iReport. So I tried to upgrade the jasperserver's jasperreport jar and I got the eroor message that the font Verdana was not in the JVM.

It seems that the font managing has changed with the 3.6.1 jasperreport release.

A short documentation on  what to do on jasperserver to be "in phase" with iReport should be very useful for each new iReport release.

PS : using the compatibility options of iReport didn't fix my List problem

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I also upgraded my application from jasperreports-2.0.2 to jasperreports-4.0.2.
It worked fine on my windows m/c where the fonts were properly installed.But when i installed it on client's Linux m/c, the same exception i got. After googling and experiments, i concluded:

I Just add the attached timesnewroman.jar into the classpath and got the issue resolved.

• 8 months later...