Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Building Drill Down report in Jasper iReport

anuradhamehra01

Building Drill Down report in Jasper iReport

I created a cube in Jasper Analysis workbench. The XML of the same is of following structure: This has

A cube - Home

2 dimensions - Device (with hierarchy levels country, region) and Time dimension with Hierarchy (level Year).

The measure here is OFFCount. That tells number of devices which are off in a particular country in a particlular region in a particular year.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

<Cube name="Home" cache="true" enabled="true">
        <Table name="OFF_STATUS" schema="SCOTT">
        </Table>
        <Dimension type="StandardDimension" foreignKey="DEVICE_ID" name="Device">
                <Hierarchy hasAll="true" primaryKey="DEVICE_ID" primaryKeyTable="DEVICE">
                        <Table name="DEVICE" schema="SCOTT">
                        </Table>
                        <Level name="Country" table="DEVICE" column="COUNTRY_NAME" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
                        </Level>
                        <Level name="Region" table="DEVICE" column="REGION_NAME" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
                        </Level>
                </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>
        <Dimension type="TimeDimension" foreignKey="TIME_ID" name="Time_By_Day">
                <Hierarchy hasAll="true" primaryKey="TIME_ID" primaryKeyTable="TIME_BY_DAY">
                        <Table name="TIME_BY_DAY" schema="SCOTT">
                        </Table>
                        <Level name="the_year" table="TIME_BY_DAY" column="THE_YEAR" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeYears" hideMemberIf="Never">
                        </Level>
                </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>
        <Measure name="Offcount" column="OFF_COUNT" datatype="Numeric" aggregator="sum" visible="true">
        </Measure>
</Cube>
***********************************************************************************************************************************

Now I want to use this mondrian cube to build Drill Down report using MDX query in Jasper iReport. Say forexample a drill down report  which look like

***************************************************************************************************************************************

1998                                                                                     1999                                                            ....... and so on all year

+AllCountry     <sum of off_count for year 1998 for all country>        <sum of off_count for 1998 for all country>  ..... and so on

***************************************************************************************************************************************

basically yearwise off_count of devices across all country and when u click on all country it will allow you to drill down further to specific country and then to region

I was able to create such Drill down report in Jasper Server by creating Analysis view on this XML schema.

But I want to create it in Jasper iReport.

In Jasper iReport I created an Mondrian OLAP connection using this schema xml file.

I tried using this MondrianOLAP connection in a report in Jasper iReport but was not successful.

I am very new to this , Can anybody please tell me some demo example of how to create a drill down report in Jasper  iReport using  MDX query on XMLschema (which has been generated from Jasper Analaysis Workbench).

Thanks & Regards

Anuradha.

Post Edited by anuradhamehra01 at 10/14/2009 11:47

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Christina

You are right, that we can create drill down reports in Jasper Server by creating Analysis Views.

But we don't know how to intergrate or use these drill down reports of Jasper Server in Java.

Actually the problem is we are trying to design a BI dashboard where in we need things like Menu on left side, scrolling alerts or some tickers on the BI dashboard page which I was not able to do with Jasper Server.

So as a workaround we were thinking to use Java and build ticker and alert functionality and call Jasper iReports in Java.

We are able to call normal Jasper iReports in Java.

But in this workaround we are not able to build drill down functionality in Jasper iReports which is our major requirement.

So can you or anybody please tell how to call Analysis views created in Jasper Server in Java code using Struts or anything.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

• 4 months later...

Just installed JasperServer Pro 3.5 and using iReport 3.5.

I was able to create an iReport report with a pie chart face (summary information) and depending on the slice of the pie chart you click, a separate report (drill down) would display listing detailed data relating to the slice selected from the summary (graphical) report.

I then added the report to a dashboard within jasperserver.

• 4 months later...