Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How to do multi-select in iReport 3.6

zamudio

I am trying to run a report with a multi-select parameter in iReport 3.6 but cannot get it to run. Parameter name is EmployeeType of type java.util.Collection. My default value expression is java.util.Arrays.asList(new String[]{"Manager","General"})

select Name
from Table1
where $X{ IN, EmpType, EmployeeType}

In the Report Query window, I get an error message saying:

Error: SQL problems: Line 3: Incorrect syntax near 'X'.

If I try using $P I get the message:

Error: SQL problems: The Java type java.util.Arrays$ArrayList is not a supported type.

If I try using $P! I get the message:

Error: SQL problems: Invalid column name 'Manager, General'.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zamudio,

That's a bug in the "Report query" tab. Please enter a bug for it in the tracker.

The work around is simple enough, but it's certainly annoying:
1. Do not use "Automatically Retrieve Fields" (I hate that option anyway.)
2. Remove the $X syntax; click Read Fields; add the $X syntax back.

The report works fine with $X syntax (both in iReport and in JasperServer). It's only the query panel that doesn't work correctly.

Regards,
Matt

Found it!

To pass a Collection parameter to a subreport or dataset enter it as the following expression:

If your report language is Java, pass the parameter as $P{ParameterName}

If your report language is Groovy, pass the parameter as $P{ParameterName}.toArray()

zamudio

Post Edited by zamudio at 09/12/2009 22:02

• 4 months later...

hi there!

i'm trying to do the same thing as zamudio but in my case, the values are Integer.

i created a parameter called "yearsCollection" of type collection and the Default Value set to new ArrayList(Arrays.asList( new Integer[]{new Integer(2008),new Integer(2009),new Integer(2010)} ))

i have a column in my database called "year" of type int..

i passed the parameter value to the query like this:

$X{ IN, year, yearsCollection}

when i run the report and in the prompt window i click in the "Use Default" button, the reports fills correct, but when i try to set values in the prompt text field (ex: 2008,2009) it crashes and the following error appears:

Implicit conversion from datatype 'CHAR' to 'INT' is not allowed.

=/, i read somewhere that the jasper assumes that the values datatypes passed to the $X{ IN, year, yearCollection} are supposed in the runtime, so i don't know how to manage this issue...

i also tried this way: "year IN ($P!{yearCollection})" with no success

i'm using iReports 3.7 and JasperServer 3.7

i hope someone can help me!

• 1 year later...

I am using $X variable but it gives me the error  non supporet sql exception :IN i have to pass multiple parameter here i have tried many combinations of $X{IN,p.sac_no,SAC_NO} but cant get any idea.i ma using ireport 1.2.7.plz... hepl me if anyone knows .

Code:

Post Edited by asim1985 at 09/12/2011 06:35

Post Edited by asim1985 at 09/12/2011 06:36

asim1985,

Your SQL statement should look something like the statement below.  When using $X you do not need to specify the IN sql operator before it.

zamudio

Code:
and    sp.fin_id=fm.fy_id                /* after commenting records were came in large no i.e no of records increases */ /*and p.fin_id=fm.fin_id */                 /* Reason for commenting fin id of property is null*/--and    p.sac_no in(/*'BX1408080030000',*/'BX1408080110000'/*,'BX1408230020013','BX1408230020036','BX1408090000002','BX1408070070000','BX1408090000000'*/)and ($X{IN,p.sac_no,SAC_NO})

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am using Jasper along with the Spring of Java.

I am trying to pass parameter in the form of list. I hav used $X{}. in the iReport tool.

My problem is When I select multiple locations from the front end. The can be fetched & set as the parameter but while filling the report, its throwing me the error saying,

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error retrieving field value from bean : atPureWeight
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:123)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getFieldValue(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:96)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource.getFieldValue(JRBeanCollectionDataSource.java:100)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setOldValues(JRFillDataset.java:895)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:860)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:837)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:1434)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:126)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:836)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:765)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:84)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:624)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports.AbstractJasperReportsView.fillReport(AbstractJasperReportsView.java:669)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports.AbstractJasperReportsView.renderMergedOutputModel(AbstractJasperReportsView.java:559)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:262)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1157)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:927)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:827)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:594)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1365)
at com.tf.retail.catalog.core.filters.SecurityDeligatingFilter.doFilter(SecurityDeligatingFilter.java:72)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1336)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1336)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:483)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:524)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:412)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:351)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:900)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:954)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:857)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:76)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:609)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:45)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: 
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Unknown property 'atPureWeight' on class 'class java.lang.Integer'
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1322)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:770)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:846)
at org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:426)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:111)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getFieldValue(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:96)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource.getFieldValue(JRBeanCollectionDataSource.java:100)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setOldValues(JRFillDataset.java:895)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:860)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:837)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:1434)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:126)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:836)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:765)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:84)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:624)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports.AbstractJasperReportsView.fillReport(AbstractJasperReportsView.java:669)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports.AbstractJasperReportsView.renderMergedOutputModel(AbstractJasperReportsView.java:559)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:262)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1157)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:927)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:827)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:594)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1365)
at com.tf.retail.catalog.core.filters.SecurityDeligatingFilter.doFilter(SecurityDeligatingFilter.java:72)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:483)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:524)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:412)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:351)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:900)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:954)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:857)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:76)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:609)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:45)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

"atPureWeight" is one of the fields of my report & its datatype is java.lang.double. I cudn't figure out the cause plz help me in dis regard.
 And I am able to set the parameter from the front end properly. My code is as below;
Connection connection = dataSource.getConnection(); 
parameterMap.put("REPORT_CONNECTION", connection);
parameterMap.put("buId", bulist);

Plz help me its very much needed.
Any help is appreciable. 
Thank you.