Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

trouble connecting to an Oracle JDBC datasource

mcguise

For some reason I cannot connect to the same Oracle JDBC datasource in JasperServer that I was able to connect to in iReport. The driver is in my System classpath and it appears to be in the JasperServer lib. When I try to test the connection I simply get a 'Test Failed' error without any error messages or stack traces. Any ideas? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to create the datasource connection with oracler for building the domain.

I enterd all the field but while testing the connection I am getting the message test failed.

I am new to jasper,is there any jar file we need to add on jasper server.

Because I am passing right parameters in connection info.If I make same connection in ireport then it built successfully.

I attached the page where I provided the connection information.Should I need to do anything else.

Is there any specific doc available for building the datasource connection with oracle?

Kindly help me to resolve this.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have other connections from Java applications to the database? What parameters are you using?

Did you install the Oracle JDBC driver in the web application?

As I said in this thread, there will be messages in the log file pointing to the issue. If there does not make sense, please show us the messages.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 4 weeks later...