Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

iReport with Oracle

mludmann2

I am first time user of iReport. I have actually downloaded the professional version, just to try to get familiar with iReport.

I need to connect the Report to Oracle.

I am using Oracle on my machine and can connect to Oracle on the server via my Oracle Client 10g. (Express)

In iReport, the first step is to create the database connection. I already have available mysql drivers, but no Oracle drivers. So I have downloaded the Oracle driver - ojdbc14.jar - and placed it in the JasperReport/iReport/iReport/bin directory.

However, I don't seem to have any luck, as it still comes back with the not present in the CLASS path error.

What is the class path pointing to? Where do I need to place the Oracle driver? Can anyone tell me?

I also tried to place it in the bin and lib directory of the Java folder, thinking this is the class path.

Can anyone help, so I can connect to Oracle with iReport?

Many thanks,

Marika

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add the ojdbc14.jar to the classpath in iReport. If you are using the classic version 3.0.0 or lower look in the main menu under options and add the jar to the classpath. For 3.5.1 and above the classpath is located under tools->options and general tab.

I have been using iReport with Oracle on servers and the XE versions both with this method.