Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Cannot logon with jasperadmin/jasperadmin

witto

Dear,

I try to install the JasperServer Community Edition separate from JRE, TomCat and MySQL. At the end, I cannot logon to the JasperServer Web Page. I tried the default jasperadmin/jasperadmin credentials, but they do not work.

In the "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\jasperserver\WEB-INF\logs\jasperserver.log" I see loggings like:

13:09:54,611  WARN LoggerListener,http-8080-5:55 - Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: jasperadmin; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@fffc7f0c: RemoteIpAddress: 10.0.0.2; SessionId: E26F7ABC2F0CF9B614C7013B8A9384B8; exception: Bad credentials
13:10:09,605  WARN LoggerListener,http-8080-5:55 - Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: jasperdb; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@fffc7f0c: RemoteIpAddress: 10.0.0.2; SessionId: E26F7ABC2F0CF9B614C7013B8A9384B8; exception: Bad credentials

This is how I set up the server:

• Windows Server 2008
  • JRE 6 U13
  • Apache TomCat 6.0.18
    Custom Install, added "Service" and "Native"
    Added tomcat6.exe as an exception to the Windows FireWall
    Changed the compatibility for tomcat6w.exe to "Run this program as an administrator" for all users
  • MySQL Community Server 5.1.34
    Typical install
    Instance configuration:
    Server Machine
    As a windows service, to launch automaticcally
  • JasperServer Community Edition 3.1
    Changed the paths for the TomCat and MySQL server
    Copied the JDB Connector to "C:\Progam Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib" (tried both mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar and mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar)

Thanks for all suggestions and help

Kind regards,

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During the installation of JasperServer, at the question

"Do you wish to install sample databases and sample reports"

I answered "No"

While testing, uninstalling and again installing the JasperServer, I changed this to "Yes". Now, it works.

Apparently, the jasperserver database is also a sample database?

Thanks for information, but I can't log in with neither jasperadmin/mypassword nor jasperadmin/jasperadmin. Could you please provide me some help?

The encrypted password in the db is

A34FAB575B828B127AC85B236B096043

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Problem:

JasperServer 3.1 Community Edition
I used "jasperserver-3.1-windows-installer.exe", the Windows i386 installer.
If installed WITH the Sample Databases and Sample Reports, there is no problem.
If installed WITHOUT the Sample Databases and Sample Reports, it is impossible to login with jasperadmin/jasperadmin.
In the file jasperserver.log ("C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webappsjasperserverWEB-INFlogsjasperserver.log") there are messages like:

15:55:01,775 WARN LoggerListener,http-8080-2:55 - Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: jasperadmin; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@957e: RemoteIpAddress: 10.32.26.1; SessionId: FDB2A7083A154A8BAA15DA08C408FCF8; exception: Bad credentials

In the file bitrock_installer.log or bitrock_installer_xxxx.log, that you can find in the %TEMP% folder of the person who installed the jasperserver software, there is this message:

Script output:

Script stderr:
C:/PROGRA~1/MySQL/MYSQLS~1.1/bin/mysqladmin.exe: DROP DATABASE jasperserver failed;
error: 'Can't drop database 'jasperserver'; database doesn't exist'
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3 in file: 'C:PROGRA~1JASPER~1.1scriptsmysqljasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '('ROLE_PORTLET',0)' at line 5

Cause:

There is an error in the file “C:Program Filesjasperserver-3.1scriptsmysqljasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql”. There is a comma missing.

INSERT INTO `JIRole` (`rolename`,`externallyDefined`) VALUES
 ('ROLE_USER',0),
 ('ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR',0),
 ('ROLE_ANONYMOUS',0)
 ('ROLE_PORTLET',0);

Should be changed to

INSERT INTO `JIRole` (`rolename`,`externallyDefined`) VALUES
 ('ROLE_USER',0),
 ('ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR',0),
 ('ROLE_ANONYMOUS',0),
 ('ROLE_PORTLET',0);

More information can be found on http://jasperforge.org/plugins/mantis/view.php?id=3328

Solution:

1) Change the SQL script file

2) Open a command prompt. Run these commands:

cd /d "c:\Program Files\jasperserver-3.1\scripts\mysql"
"c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysql.exe" -u root –p
use jasperserver;
source jasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql
exit

Post Edited by witto at 04/29/2009 11:55

Post Edited by witto at 07/08/2009 08:39

Post Edited by witto at 07/08/2009 08:40