How to use java beans in ireport tool

Hi ,

I am using ireport tool to generate reports.There is a requirement  to print  javabean values in the report.Is any one know how to use javabeans in ireport tool. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kitti

venujasper's picture

2 Answers:

1.For connection as well as for DataSource ....... write an Java bean class and you must have a factory method in that Bean class and this static method should return a Collection of Beans/Array of Beans of type of Current Java Bean[i think you know about Factory class] ... and set this bean .class file path under CLASSPATH in your iReport tool and create a connection and follow below  2nd point to get fields.. 2.For Datasource only ...... set this bean .class file path under CLASSPATH in your iReport tool and -> select ReportQuery under Data option ->click JavaBeanDataSource button give the complete pakaged path for your class and select your needed fields... .....

*I am also new to this and I did like this way only..and let me know whether it is okay or not and is there any alternative?

vattembhaskar's picture

Thank you for reply.

But How to give CLASSPATH dynamically, because i am using web application i need to give the classpath dynamically.

Is there any way to pass the parameters to the CLASSPATH so that i can pass bean class path dynamically using parameters.

Thanks

venujasper's picture
Feedback