Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Unable to get images to work in JasperReports

shanff

I've created  a report in iReport 3.1.4 and uploaded the .jrxml file to JasperReports 3.1.4 server via it's web interface.  I included an image file using the syntax "repo:/images/logo.gif" and verified that it was set in the .jrxml file correctly.  When I run the report from the JasperReports WebGUI, I get the report, with the data I would expect in the correct places, but no image.  There looks to be a "frame" where the image should be when the data is loading, but no image shows up.

If I run the report in iReport and set up the repository, I can drag the image to the report and see the correct image on the report at design time, but when I run the report, it dumps out:

"Error filling print...Byte data not found at location : repo:/images/logo.gif

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Byte data not foundat location : repo:/images/logo.gif

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRLoader.loadBytesFromLocation(JRLoader.java:486) ......

If I use a local (to the computer iReport is running on) image, iReport works great. 

How can I get this image to show up correctly from JasperReport WebGUI? 

JasperReport and iReport 3.1.4, JasperReports is the single download with bundled Tomcat/Apache/MySQL

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use the jasperserver but I'm sure this will still work, I use java.io.InputStream for the image Class and use;

ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream("com/blah/images/icon.gif")

in the Image Expression to load the image. So all you have to do is include the image in your classpath, it can even be in a jar file.

Hope this helps.

munga

Thanks for the suggestion,but I'm unable to get this code to bring up the image either. The weird thing is that I can get the report to run correctly a number of ways that always show the frame where the image should be located, but never show the image. No errors are produced indicating a problem, so I assume that the image is being found. Also, when the report actually completes, it "exports" 214 copies of the report. The initial report displays 214 copies that I can scroll down and see as well as exports to .xls and .csv 214 copies. I'm at a loss as to why it's acting this way. I've done a bundled tomcat package from sourceforge and a Bitnami stack, both are acting the same. I've got openjdk 1.6.0 installed on a very clean minimal Centos 5.2 install. Everything else "seems" to work. Any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Even i am facing the same issue of image not getting displayed in html view whereas i can see the images if i export to pdf file.....please help me with this.....Thanks

Code:
In jrxml:<imageExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["icons/logo.gif"]]></imageExpression>In Java file :htmlExporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI,"");