We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Installing MS SQL Server JDBC driver on Windows

medium_grade

I am interested in using JasperReports to satisfy numerous reporting needs that my company has. I am not a Java developer, so most of what is described with regards to how Jasper/Tomcat/JDBC work is very new to me.

I am trying to setup my JasperServer to use the Microsoft MS SQL JDBC driver. I have placed the sqljdbc.jar file in the comon/lib directly of the apache-tomcat root. When I try to create a new datasource, the test always fails (without giving me a reason why). When a check under Managage --> Analysis Properties, I do not see the MSSQL Server driver listed under JdbcDrivers.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I properly install this driver?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had problems with the existing MSSQL JDBC driver in JasperServer and used the jTDS MSSQL driver instead. http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Just copy the jtds*.jar file to the apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFlib folder.

When you are developing using iReport, you can also use the same driver, you will have to copy that same jtds driver to the appropriate lib folder where ireport is installed. I've been able to get the pre-installed MSSQL driver to work with ireport, so not using jtds there, I used "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" driver instead.

When you are setting up the JDBC data source in JasperServer, here are sample Driver and URL entries:

DRIVER = net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

URL = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://192.168.1.1/yourdatabasename;instance=