We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Rpt Pagination

rwchogue

I have a main rpt with 3 subrpts.  The 3 subs are regular rpts by themselves.  The pagination on these rpts are perfectly fine when they are printed seperately but when they are inserted into a main rpt as a sub the pagination is all off when you print the main rpt.  Why do the settings work fine seperately but are ignored when done as a group?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually a little of all of those. We are a financial research company specializing in saving & lona rates. We sell our info to other financial institutions for comparison to other financial institutions in that area. Our biggest issue is the various number of institutions on a rpt. The rpt looks fine for a 7 bank rpt but looks awful with a 16 bank rpt. Is there any way to pre-set the page breaks or to manipulate where a break may fall?

Are you producing printed reports or trying to export to a pdf/other format file?

I've tried to 'ignore pagination' and that didn't work at all for anything that had to go onto paper. The setting that I always check are Position Type (in subreport properties) and the start at top of page if you are using Report Groups at all. I generally put the first subReport's Position Type as 'fix relative to top' and all remaining subReports in that section as 'Float'. I generally do NO page control of any sort in my subReports (other than Report Groups possibly starting on top of a new page if necessary).

Most of my issues were resolved when I paid close attention to the Position Type property of each subReport. Hope this helps.

I have many reports that use subReports, one that has a tree of subReports about 7 or 8 deep as necessary, so I know they can get along well together.