Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

What's missing from open source versions?

jlorance

I'm new to the Jasper offerings... and am quite impressed by JasperServer and Analysis 3.0... however, I'm curious what is missing in functionality between the commercial and open source versions? It seems like the AJAX "domain designer" is missing from the Server product in the open source version.. but I am assuming that I can use the OLAP workbench to replicate some/most of this functionality, yes?

john

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperAnalysis assumes a data warehouse model - fact and dimension tables. Domains do not.

With JA, you are writing initial MDX queries, and then the slice and dice UI allows the user to drill, pivot etc. Domains have a end user query tool, which then goes into a report designer in the browser, which allows you to create listings, charts and cross tab reports with drag and drop.

Both domains and JA have data level security.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Thanks for this helpful response... I was trying to rationalize the difference (domains vs. MDX).. so I assume the open source version does not include the domain desginer based upon what I can see, yes? or am I just plainly missing something here?

john