Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

VMASTER

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I understand the question. Do you mean in your main report you have a subreport, and when the main report is filled nothing is showing up for the subreport (and you are expecting the subreport to display some data)?

lshannon wrote:

I am not sure I understand the question. Do you mean in your main report you have a subreport, and when the main report is filled nothing is showing up for the subreport (and you are expecting the subreport to display some data)?

yes, the main report contains only 3 subreport and i don't know how load the data in the subreport!

lshannon wrote:

What sort of datasource expression are you using for the subreport?

SQL query, it should collect data from the main report

Perhaps you could upload the JRXML for the main report?

and how?

ps:

can you make me see an example, in java, for displaying a report with 3 subreport?

There is an option to upload images or files at the bottom of the message window when you are making a posting to this forum. You can use that to upload the main report file.

Attached is a zip with the complete subreport examples files that ship with JR including the java code to run them.

I hope this will help.

[file name=subreport-9a1bd81da6ff483d227b3e81562e17a6.zip size=9130]

lshannon wrote:

There is an option to upload images or files at the bottom of the message window when you are making a posting to this forum. You can use that to upload the main report file.

Attached is a zip with the complete subreport examples files that ship with JR including the java code to run them.

I hope this will help.

I had already seen to that but not me it was very helpful: (
In any case this is the main subreport and with the code that tries to see them : [file name=help.zip size=25053]

lshannon wrote:

Were these reports created with iReport? I am unable to open them in iReport, I get an error about the columns and margins not fitting into the page.

yes, with iReport and i don't have error about margins but i see only the title (Scheda Cliente) of the page :(

What is the reason of giving a JRDataSource to the master report in your java code, instead of giving the Connection itself to it? (Especially becouse your master report contains an SQL query, which is absolutely unnecessary, and doesn't do anything.)

Now your master report has a JRDataSource, and forwards this very same datasource to the subreport (through $P{REPORT_CONNECTION}). And the subreport also contains an SQL query, which should run on the JRDatasource?!?

HTH,

Arpad

ps. I had no problem opening the two jasper files from the attached help.zip file.

Oh, and another remark, while I'm at it. The subreport's page width is 535. However, it is intended to fit into the detail band of your master report, which is narrower (by the size of the two side margins), isn't it? Let me recommend to set your subreport's page width to 535-30-30=475, and position your subreport element to the 0th pixel of the detail band, and set its width to 475 accordingly.

Post edited by: szaboaz, at: 2008/07/11 08:00

Post edited by: szaboaz, at: 2008/07/11 08:01