Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Hi,

I'd like to ask where can I find the source for jasperserver. The svn repository hosted on jasperforge is completely outdated.

We are implementing an EJB layer which uses a jasperserver repository trough its webservice, although the documentation recommends the use of jasperserver-ireport-plugin as a reference implementation in java to use this service It seems not compatible with new versions of jasperreports / jasperserver / ireport 3.0.0

Where Do I find the *source* for this plugin?

I'd like to also make lay some criticism on the whole project organization.

- There are multiple sourceforge projects with duplicated binaries for jasperserver. We as developers have to guess which should be the right choice.

- It's ok for the company behind a open source project to sell support for it yet having to pay for the documentation which might explain the very basics for its use shouldn't be payed.

- I know it sucks to have someone outside the community to make these type of criticisms. I know this is open source and I'd really like to help out on these issues instead of just posing as a bad boy.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Criticism is always welcomed as it helps us make the projects better, for everybody's benefit.

The source code is shipped at the same time with the binary releases. We are going to make the SVN source code repository public within a few weeks time. Right now what you see is not the live thing.

We made the JasperServer downloads available within several other projects in order to popularize them better. There are still many users of the JasperReports library who do not know that there is now a ready-to-use, fully-featured, server-side application that allows to deploy those reports, like JasperServer.

As for the documentation, I think that JasperServer is already shipped with a set of documents that would enable most of the users have a reasonable quick start using the product. We cannot explain everything inside our docs, as focus is always on functionality first (I know, not a good excuse).

Thanks,

Teodor