Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

I need some help with a crosstab. My data is in rows in database, I need to print a report where the data shows in columns based on the year.

The crosstab is set in the summary of the report. The reports shows multiple columns based on the year in the data. The rows are based in two column of the database. One column in the database is used on the first column of the crosstab, the other column is printed on every column based on the year.

My first question is that the crosstab will only print the row once. I have duplicates in the column used for the row group in the crosstab. Is it possible to hav the row groups to print one row for every value in that column?

So the report could look like

Year1 Year2 Year3

Item1 desc desc desc

Item1 desc desc desc

Item1 desc desc desc

Item2 desc desc desc

If the table is clear, then item1 is repeated and display multiple times and the description is display on ever year column.

The other question is how to set the crosstab to the detail section of the report. I copy the crosstab and the report runs, but it print like 150 pages, instead of the few required by the crosstab. Can one prevent the multiple crosstabs from displaying in the detail section?

I'll appreciate any pointer/suggestion about crosstabs.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic