Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Dynamic colour on JasperServer

lamontj

I have designed a report that changes the background colour of certain cells depending on certain conditions. To do this, I set the field containing the value to be transparent, and then place another field with the desired background colur behind it, and only have the coloured be displayed when certain conditions are met.

I designed this report in iReport 2.0.4, and when I run the report on JasperServer 2.1 from within iReport using the plugin, the colours appear properly. However, when I run the report on JasperServer through a web browser, the colours do not show up at all.

Is there any reason why the colour would not be working in the web browser? Does JasperServer not support transparency when generating HTML reports? Is there a way to generate a URL that would point directly to the PDF version of the report, rather than the HTML version? (this would be the ideal solution)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for the information :)

One last little question I have... I've discovered that you can generate a PDF directly from the URL by adding "&output=pdf" to the end of the URL. However, this seems to always open the report in a new window of Adobe Reader, rather than integrating reader into the browser as it does when you click the PDF link from the HTML report.

Any way to get the PDF to open in the browser when you access it directly from the URL? I've checked Reader's and Internet Explorer's settings already, and they don't seem to be the problem.