We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Adding a JavaBeans set data source in iReport

lamontj

I may be missing something very obvious, but I am helplessly stuck trying to add a JavaBeans set data source in iReport.

In iReport, I go to the Data menu > Connections/Data Source. I click "New" and pick a JavaBeans set data source. The default classpath (it.businesslogic.ireport.connection.SampleJRDataSourceFactory) test fine, but when I change it to anything else, I get a ClassNotFoundError.

I imagine it has to do with where I'm saving my Java files. I've read through the documentation and done some searching but I can't seem to find exactly where I'm supposed to save the files, or which files I'm supposed to save (.java, .class, .jar or something else). So far I've tried saving the files in many different places, and have been sure to include the whole class path (pacakges and all) but nothing has worked.

So my questions are, where am I supposed to save the Java files within iReport, what files am I supposed to save (.java, .class, .jar etc), and, if I am supposed to make a .jar file, do I include all my classes in one .jar package, or should each class be in a separate .jar file?

Many thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...