We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

No suitable Log constructor

xen0

I'm trying to create a web app with the php/Java bridge. In this problem, I'm trying to simply compile a report for starters, but receiving exceptions from the second line below:

Code:

$sJcm = new JavaClass("net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager"«»);
$report = $sJcm->compileReport($reportsPath .$reportFileName.".jrxml"«»);

The exception reported follows:

java stack trace: [o(ByteArrayOutputStream):"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed: [c(JasperCompileManager)]->compileReport((String)o(String)). Cause: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@17ed710 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@17ed710 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger)) Responsible VM: 1.6.0_03@http://java.sun.com/ at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235) at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:370) at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.(Digester.java:346) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigester.(JRXmlDigester.java:62) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:975) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:203) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:168) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:152) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:151) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:1114) at php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:342) at php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:388) at php.java.bridge.http.ContextRunner.run(ContextRunner.java:188) at php.java.bridge.BaseThreadPool$Delegate.run(BaseThreadPool.java:66) Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@17ed710 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@17ed710 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger)) ... 19 more Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@17ed710 for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger (Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:413) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:529) ... 18 more Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:410) ... 19 more "]

Does anyone have and ideas what this could be? I've experienced a similar problem with JdbcConnection... I had to include the jar into the lib and it solved the problem, however, with this error I have the logging jars in my lib.

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fixed this issue...

I needed to install the following apache commons packages:

commons-1.1.1

commons-digester-1.8

commons-collections-3.2

and remove log4j-<VERSION>.jar, and commons-digester-1.7 from lib.

• 2 years later...
Code:
Please install tom cat first.
inside the tom cat auto deploy folder
put the JavaBridge.war
"Tomcat 7.0\webapps\"
It will automatically extract and create a folder of
"Tomcat 7.0\webapps\JavaBridge"
inside this folder you will get
"Tomcat 7.0\webapps\JavaBridge\WEB-INF\lib"
JavaBridge.jar run this file and select the port.
Finally please put the class files of the jasper report
inside this folder.