We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can't get a jasperserver login page

jsmetz_juneau

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.20; WinXP sp2; java jdk1.5.0_10. I'm shooting for a "bare-bones" (standalone tomcat; no MySql) startup with http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/jasperserver <E>

I get an HTTP 404 message back, and this has been added into the URL: .../flow.html?_flowId=repositoryFlow

I did lucian's fix to the applicationContext.xml, but the error message didn't change.

Any help?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the jasperserver.log file. The most recent message is about 50 lines long. The first few lines are these:

13:37:11,937 ERROR ContextLoader,ContainerBackgroundProcessor[standardEngine[Catalina]]:205 - Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 380 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element 'bean' cannot have character [children], because the type's content type is element-only.

Caused by:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element 'bean' cannot have character [children], because the type's content type is element-only.

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)

• 3 weeks later...

I am re-installing jasperserver on a new machine, and, once again, I need to do the fix to the applicationContext.xml file in order to overcome the problem with the jasperserver login on my localhost. I have searched, but cannot find the reference to the fix.

Can you tell me again how to find the work-around for this problem.

Thanks. I'll try and keep better notes next time.

jsmetz