Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

iReport 2.0 compiler error

codyjasperForge

Hey all,

I know this is the wrong forum for this post, however, I figured it increases the odds of someone actually responding...

I have just downloaded iReport 2.0. I have it running from jre 1.5. I am able to open previously saved reports, but they will not compile. My error message is this:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: error: error reading .libaxiom-api-1.0.jar; error in opening zip file

Note: D:JasperReportsver1.3.3reportsreport1.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

1 error

Am I missing something? I have my classpath variable defined correctly, the installation of iReport 2.0 is in the same directory as my previous version.

ANY suggestions would be more than appreciated. thx.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sure it's a Java version issue, as far as I know when the compiler tells you to compile with Xlint flag it's because you are using a deprecated API. So if I am right, then somewhere you probably have to set that flag xlint:unchecked) in order to see what the error is.

Hi,

The actual error message says "error reading .libaxiom-api-1.0.jar; error in opening zip file".

Apparently, the most probable error cause is that libaxiom-api-1.0.jar is corrupted, or hasn't an appropriate file extension, or something is certainly wrong with this jar. You'll have to find out what.

The other message part, telling about "unchecked... etc, etc" represents just a warning, and has no compiling implications.

hth,

sanda

PS: That libaxiom-api-1.0.jar seems not to be directly used by iReport, I think it's one of jars you imported in your application?

Post edited by: shertage, at: 2007/07/18 10:16

Yes Shertage,

axim-api-1.0.jar is packaged with the application. I have 2 previous versions of iReport installed on my machine(1.3.2, 1.3.3) Each of which is using java 1.5...

I will replace the current axim-api-1.0.jar with a previously installed version and see what my results are...

Thanks for the replies...

:laugh: So, axim-api-1.0.jar was the real name... Sorry about my very special jar name's interpretation (those all damn backslashes!!).

You see, it might be just a spelling error in your classpath entries too, because, the below error message was naming the jar axiom-api-1.0.jar, and not axim.

Just an idea.

sanda