help about scriplet...!!

raulsaavedrax

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure that both the .class file and the .java file have the same name as your report. i.e. If your report is called 'abc.jrxml', then your scriptlet .class file should look like 'abc.class' The same goes for the '.java ' file... Both of these should be saved in the same directory as the .jrxml file IF you are using the internal editor. Also once you have double checked all of these scenarios,check your actual java code for any syntax errors or misuse of functionalities. Hope this helps...

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/tips.tricks.html

http://jasperforge.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.jasperreports/wiki/Samples

raulsaaavedrax,

When you compile a scriptlet class, both a .class file and a .java file should be created by default. Sometimes, though if the .class file does not get created, you can trick the application into reading a .class file that is really a .java file. Simply make a copy of the compiled .java file, rename it with the same name and a .class extension (instead of .java). The next time you compile your report, it should(i hope) think that this is the .class file it neeeds and then it will overwrite whats there to make a new actual .class file. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I have tried this and it seemed to work for me. I may be wrong, but it is worth a try. Let me know what happens.

(abc.java) -> cpy -> paste -> rename to abc.class -> compile... reply :P

Hope this helps...