We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

subreport return value summations in groups

rcmpjames

I am attempting to sum returned values in a Map from a subreport. I can get the value returned at the detail level, and get each corresponding value within the subreport displayed, but I need to sum them. When I attempt to put the value from the Map into a variable with sum as the calculation, it seems to be a step behind.

ie:

$V{returnMap}.get("totals") displays as 10

Variable set to the value of the retunr map with sum displays initially as null

next returnmap:

$V{returnMap}.get("totals") displays as 12

variable now shows 10

next returnmap:

$V{returnMap}.get("totals") displays as 15

variable now shows 22

...and so on - I need that first variable to show as 10, then the proper sums following

I am displaying the variable(s) in group bands, evaluating at group level for the corresponding band.

...help?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

okay - reworking this.

I get a map from a crosstab returned to a subreport, in turn sending that value to a main report.

The problem:

If I show the value from the map in a Text field, no problem - I can see it. However, I need to get that value into the main report - ie using a return variable. I need to sum these return variables on the main page in groups on the main report (which is why just forwarding the map does not solve my problem)

So - when I try to populate a vairabel the same way the text field is populated, I get 0 - always.

Here's the code:

map:

crossTabRowCountMap

when I get the map into a text field:

Code:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="false" isBlankWhenNull="false" evaluationTime="Band" hyperlinkType="None" hyperlinkTarget="Self" >
<reportElement
x="60"
y="7"
width="150"
height="20"
key="textField-4"
positionType="FixRelativeToBottom"/>
<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.Integer"><![CDATA[$V{crossTabRowCountMap}.get("totals"«»)]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

When I try to get the values from the map into a variable:

Code:
[code]
<variable name="districtTotalYes" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="District" calculation="System">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{crossTabRowCountMap}.get("totals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
<initialValueExpression><![CDATA[new java.lang.Integer(0)]]></initialValueExpression>
</variable>

Putting the above into a text field gives me 0.

...HEEEEELLLLLP....!!!!

Post edited by: rcmpjames, at: 2007/05/24 16:48

Post edited by: rcmpjames, at: 2007/05/24 16:49