Error compiling report java source files

Hi I´m trying to compile a report in this way

JasperReport report = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(resumenCorteComite.xml));

that instruction run well in a OC4J Container in Windows xp but when I try to run this one in a OC4J Container in a Solaris I get the follow error:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: javac: not found
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:52)
at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:566)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:491)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:457)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:62)

14:03:23,138 ERROR
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException:
Error compiling report java source files :
/ias/j2ee/home/resumenCorteComite_1177956202947_79853.java

Please anyBody can help me?

Thank a lot
sordonez's picture

7 Answers:

Hi,

Just put the jdt-compiler.jar in the classpath of you application. You can find it in the /lib directory of the JR distribution package.
But first of all, I would make sure I really need to compile report templates at runtime. Usually you don't, as you can deploy *.jasper files as part of you application JAR files. Only when dealing with dynamic report templates you need runtime report compilation, but that is rather a rare occurrence.

I hope this helps.
Teodor
teodord's picture
Hi teodor, thanks for your answer. I will try to resolve the problem with the jdt-compiler.jar in the classpath
but I create my reports using:

JasperReport report =
JasperCompileManager.compileReport(this.getClass().getClassLoader() .getResourceAsStream(resumenCorteComite.xml));

JasperFillManager.fillReport(report, parameters, connection);

How can I create my object JasperReport using just the .jasper?

thanks again.
sordonez's picture
To load a report from a .jasper file (compiled report file), you would do something like
Code:
<br />
InputStream jasperResource = this.getClass().getClassLoader() .getResourceAsStream(...);<br />
JasperReport report = (JasperReport) JRLoader.loadObject(jasperResource);<br />
</td></tr></tbody></table><br />
<br />
HTH,<br />
Lucian
lucianc's picture
Why does it need this jar on UNIX/Linux? We are having this problem as well.
ekr's picture
ekr
See [url=http://www.jasperforge.org/jaspersoft/opensource/business_intelligence/j... FAQ. If you don't want to use the JDT compiler, make sure that the javac command is available on the process path, or that you have the JDK's tools.jar on the application's classpath.

Regards,
Lucian
lucianc's picture
Thanks so much for your answer.
ekr's picture
ekr
Error compiling the report Java source.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/env/INameEnvironment at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:576) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.INameEnvironment at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) ... 2 more
Compilation running time: 32.

I was interrupted by this error in iReport software when i try to compile my .jrxml file in iReport.

Plz help sir
takCare's picture
Feedback