Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Ireport eclipse plugin : Ireports does not start

frblusso

Hello

I have just installed Ireport eclipse plugin under RSA (IBM software based on eclipse3.2). The installation is OK. I try to launch inside RSA ireport 1.3.0 but it does not start : the image of ireports (two nice deers!)is shown with the message "setting locale ..." in English. The java process is still running and i have to kill it manually.

If I run Ireport 1.3.0 outside RSA, it runs well.

I have installed the plugin as explained in the html demonstration provided with ireport1.3.0.

To verify if it was due to RSA, in another computer (windows 2000), i have tried to install the plugin in eclipse 3.2 , and the installation can not be done : there is the error message "resilting configuration does not contain the platform " as you can see in the file attached

regards

Françoise [file name=installPluginIreportEclipse.doc size=42496]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/installPluginIreportEclipse.doc[/file]

Post edited by: frblusso, at: 2007/03/19 14:39

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello

sorry to insist, but i really need help to find why i can not use the plugin eclipse ireport in my computers!

I retried to install the plugin under IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) after having changed the place where ireport 1.3.0 was installed.

In the .ireport directory, i have the file ireport1.3.0.location up to date.

Ireport begins to run but then the message "ireport is taking to much time to start ... retry later"

anyone

regards

Françoise

hello

I have just installed on my computer another eclipse 3.2 with plugin Ireport and it works fine!

In the same computer, i then retry to run Ireport from RSA (IBM solution over eclipse3.2) , and this time it works too!! without changing anything to the plugin Ireport. As if the fact i succeded to run Ireport from eclipse 3.2 a first time allowed RSA and plugin Ireport to work fine. If someone has an explanation ...

But i do not know why I still can not install the plugin under eclipse 3.2 in the other computer : the message "Resulting configuration does not contain the platform" still appears... and reading other forums i am not the only one to have this message when installing an eclipse plugin

regards

Françoise

• 4 weeks later...

hello

in the previous mail, i said that running the plugin eclipse from Rational Software Architecture (RSA) was ok if I first ran the eclipse plugin inside Eclipse 3.2.

In fact it was due to the java.exe created by eclipse3.2 that still exist even if we close eclipse 3.2. RSA then use the existing process java.exe to open Ireport.

as i 'am not sure that this behaviour is correct, i just opened another message on this forum.

concerning this message , if anyone has succeded to run the plugin ireport inside RSA, please tell me.

regards

Françoise

hello

in the previous mail, i said that running the plugin eclipse from Rational Software Architecture (RSA) was ok if I first ran the eclipse plugin inside Eclipse 3.2.

In fact it was due to the java.exe created by eclipse3.2 that still exist even if we close eclipse 3.2. RSA then use the existing process java.exe to open Ireport.

as i 'am not sure that this behaviour is correct, i just opened another message on this forum.

concerning this message , if anyone has succeded to run the plugin ireport inside RSA, please tell me.

regards

Françoise

I have looked this and i think the problem lies in the code which is reading .ireport directory. it complains there are no files there then tries to use jndi to find things.. which times out after 30 attempts.

(under fedora core 6) anyway. class file concerned is IREnv.class

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect there is a problem with IBM JVM.

I am also runing iReport on RSA and suffer from the same problem.

It seems to stuck when loading.

I tried to recreate this problem from the command line so that we can collect some diagnostics.

And here is the trick to collect diagnostics:

run the file <iReport Install dir>binstartup.bat

It should work fine.

Now edit the file <iReport Install dir>binstartup.bat

At line 20 replace the first word java

With RSA runtime JVM normaly in

C:program fileibmBMRSA70jdkbinjava.exe

Try to run <iReport Install dir>binstartup.bat now.

You will get the following error stack:

Code:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.Skin
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:63)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:124)
at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:131)
at org.flexdock.plaf.mappings.PlafMappingFactory.createPlafMapping(PlafMappingFactory.java:80)
at org.flexdock.plaf.mappings.PlafMappingFactory.loadPlafMappings(PlafMappingFactory.java:67)
at org.flexdock.plaf.mappings.PlafMappingFactory.<clinit>(PlafMappingFactory.java:25)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:187)
at org.flexdock.plaf.PlafManager.getSystemThemeName(PlafManager.java:43)
at org.flexdock.plaf.PlafManager.getPreferredTheme(PlafManager.java:104)
at org.flexdock.plaf.PlafManager.installPreferredTheme(PlafManager.java:83)
at org.flexdock.plaf.PlafManager.initialize(PlafManager.java:37)
at org.flexdock.plaf.PlafManager.<clinit>(PlafManager.java:33)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:187)
at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:478)
at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.MainFrame.main(MainFrame.java:7956)

It seems the a class failed to load com.l2fprod.gui.plaf.skin.Skin

This could probably due to missing jar in the bootstrap.

iReport people please assist

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

to close this discussion, i tried the solution described in the forum subject "Eclipse fails to load iReport 1.3.3" : i add skilnf.jar on the ireport/lib directory and it works fine with ireport 1.3.0, and RSA 7.0.0.1

regards